Friday, September 25, 2009

Two weeks

With a heavy heart, I post the news that my dear friend Pat from work is going to lose her son to cancer far sooner than expected. Today when I got to work she was in my office crying along with the back office assistant, after her ex-husband left their son's doctor's appt to come talk to her in person. Their son's liver is shutting down and doctors have given him two weeks at most. He learned of his colorectal cancer diagnosis one year ago on his birthday, of all days, and it was very important to him that he make it to another one. He turned 43 last Thursday. Our hearts break for our dear friend and her only child. Hospice will be coming in today and I hope that those angels ease the way for Kevin.

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

so sad! I can think of no worse pain than that of losing a child! My thoughts are with your friend.....

Julie in the Barn said...

How sad. My FIL died from this disease. My Hubby gets regular colonoscopies because his risk is high. It seems to have a genetic predisposition. My thoughts are with your friend and her son.

Stephanie D said...

Oh, I'm so sorry for your friend and her family. What a terrible thing to lose a child, no matter how old. It's just not the order of things.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...