Thursday, June 24, 2010

Garden Tour and a Cat on a Mat

I am not much of a gardener but these plants are like iron and even I can't kill them: Mexican sage and daylilies.  I love orange!

This peachy orange is just yummy.


Golden Rain tree, just about to bloom.  This tree is less than 10 years old, I think, and started out as a stick no wider than my thumb in a 5 gallon pot. Someday it will shade the front of the house, though now it only its the driveway and garage!
Covered with yellow flower spikes.
Mini holding down my cutting mat for me.
Tonight is the once a month Bunco night again--the last four weeks sure have flown!

7 comments:

Lorraine said...

love colour in the garden....that tree is going to look spectacular when the flowers come out....not sure about the last four weeks...I think the whole year has flown by - half way thru...already!

Shay said...

Annie,

You and I really are soul sisters - I kill plants too all the time.

The day lillies against the sage look spectacular!

Unlike children, trees will take care of themselves. I have a beatiful golden ash and an african fire tree in my back yard, and I have managed not to kill some ribbon palms and hydrangeas. Otherwise it's a desert here ...

Sherrill said...

Oohh, my daylilies are absolutely STUNNING right now--LOVE THEM! Are your kitty's doing a great job; mine's not quite so helpful! LOL BUNCO, woopee! Hope ya win! Ours was Monday (and I DIDN'T win! hiss)

Vivian said...

Your flowers are lovely. The peachy day lilies and the sage are a showy combination together.

Bravo to Mini for keeping your mat from running away or attacking somebody. Cats can be so protective that way.

I hope you had a lucrative evening at Bunco.

Memaw's memories said...

I love daylillies. Your peachy one is beautiful. I sub for a bunco group in my community. We have such fun. This group of women have been playing for about 40 years.

antique quilter said...

oh doesn't Mini know that being on a cutting mat could be dangerous!
love the flowers, beautiful colors
Kathie

Stephanie D said...

I just love the color of that daylily! They're such hardy plants--I need more of those beauties around the yard.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...