Saturday, August 7, 2010

Russell the Rug Molester

This is Russell, our 10 year old Aussie (with Scully the Grandpuppy barking at him).

This is my Grandma's rag rug.   It came to me last year after she died and her things were displayed for any family member to take what meant something to them. I remember seeing it next to her bed on the hardwood floor for many years. It is very thick and cushy and great for standing on while ironing or cutting.

It looks like this after Russell has been at it--he sleeps by the door to the sewing room (soon to again be Nick's room, sob!). 

And this is what I must remember to do every night to prevent molestation.

Oh, pets!

5 comments:

Darlene said...

That's too funny! Everytime we leave the house Cooper does the same thing to the rug in front of the sink in the kitchen. LOL Pets! Gotta love 'em.

Quilter Kathy said...

Russell loves it as much as you do!!

Laura said...

Sassy does the same thing with the bath mat in our bathroom and is also constantly pulling the dishcloth in the kitchen down and onto the floor and then wadding it up while rubbing and chewing on it. I don't get the dishcloth thing at all!!!

Nat Palaskas said...

Sorry Annie, I missed sign-in as your follower, but I'm glad I'm number 50!
Russell just wants to show his affectionate to you and your rug - Hugs Nat

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Oh, Russell... you are a rascal. I agree that he's showing his affection for this beautiful rug! What would be do without our precious pets? Who would entertain us??

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...