Friday, August 13, 2010

Sewing Room Shuffle

I took Wednesday off work to do the sewing room shuffle with Grant, Nick, and of course, Russell the dog, who had to be in the middle of everything and finally got banned to the backyard for a while.
Finally got the last of these bins in the drawers and all the fat quarters sorted by color.

My sewing room was not roomy to begin with...

Hoosier cabinet--my central workplace for cutting and lots of storage--here in the middle of the fabric folding episode!

This dresser is stuffed, absolutely full, of my quilting fabric.  The dresser has yet to be relocated but that has to happen TODAY, as once Nick gets his bed in, there will be no room to get the dresser out.

My half of our former family room....

...and Grant's half.  Oh, lordy, how are we gonna share this again?  I had a lot of exercise after this photo was taken, making about 50 trips up and down the stairs to bring down all my stuff.  Nothing like moving to make you realize how many unfinished projects you have--OMG!  Also, I have 4 boot-sized boxes full of scraps to cut down.  There needs to be some UFO and scrap busting projects on my horizon, and quickly!  After the day spent in the Sewing Room Shuffle, we celebrated a birthday:

Elaine is 23!  Happy Birthday sweetie.  XXOOXX. And two extra Os.  Mwah!

9 comments:

Darlene said...

Lots of work but time well spent. Enjoy your new space. Happy Birthday to your sweet girl, Elaine.

Quilter Kathy said...

That's is for sure...nothing like moving things to find out how out of control the quilting obsession has become!! Good luck sharing space!

Elaine said...

That is not a good picture of me. I am like a ghost when flash is involved. Love you Mommy!

Shay said...

Happy Birthday Elaine.

I love re-organising my sewing room. (Am I sick or what?) And I never cease to be amazed by how much stuff I've accumulated over the years either.

Enjoy your new space Annie.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Oh, my! I love moving things around, especially my sewing room... and if you believe that you'd believe that I like root canals and being on a diet too! You have my deepest condolences. However, like childbirth, you'll forget the pain and settle in all over again, just like the move never happened!

Joyful Quilter said...

It looks like you have a nice layout ... can you inch your way into the rest of the family room? hehehe

julieQ said...

You will love it when it is all put to rights!! Gorgeous baby girl...my son is just a year older.

Vivian said...

My mind tells me that reorganizing and rearranging should be 4-letter words. Such a challenge you have, with the new assignment for spaces in your home.
Happy Birthday to your lovely gal.

Stephanie D said...

You get to sew to live music!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...