Monday, November 15, 2010

Design Wall Monday--Nov 15, 2010

I'm very late for this Monday, but it was a busy day!  On my Design floor are a bunch more square in square blocks, testing the layout for the Cinnamon and Cheddar Stars:
 As someone pointed out last week, the lights are really putting forth a lot of  "look at me" vibes. 

I really like all these colors thrown together so will carry on with completing the square in square blocks--halfway done now but having trouble with my MATH.  I thought I had cut enough strips of the cinnamon fabric to make all the blocks but NO, I did not.  Luckily there is plenty of fabric left.  Go to Judy's blog for more Design Wall fun. 

My birthday giveaway is open until Thursday.  You can enter here.  

12 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Yum yum yum...love it!

Melinda said...

I am always amazed at how often I can screw up the math. Glad you have extra fabric.

Shay said...

Yep...Im maths challenged too. Thats why I never make a quilt from a pattern.It's hard enough working out my own maths let alone someone else's!

Looks lovely!

Nina Marie said...

Its amazing how much the white quiet blocks add to this design - its really coming along!! Since I teach a lot of math, I'm always glad that I can finally use it for a practical application!

Amy said...

Annie, It looks really good!

Darlene said...

Oh, it's looking wonderful.

Nanette Merrill said...

Catching up with you. Fun to see what you are working on and read your posts. Just wanted to say hi.

Anonymous said...

Looking fantastic!!!

Finn said...

it's very visually exciting Annie! I have to work to keep seeing the "stars", but only because there is so much else to look at! Great job having this one so close to completion! Hugs, Finn

Teaquilts said...

Love your scrappy quilt.

Kate said...

The quilt looks great. Love the warm, toasty look of the fabrics.

Tanya said...

Oh. Your cinnamon and cheddar looks so lovely!!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...