Sunday, November 28, 2010

Roy G Biv

My scrap boxes overflowing, I set about remedying that problem this weekend. 

Roy G Biv helped me out--Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet were sorted into groups.  I added brown, black, and lights too. 

I removed any pieces smaller than 2 1/2" since my plan was to cut everything else to that size strip.

These are just the odd sized pieces I had been throwing in a couple of boxes, destined for my precut strip drawers once trimmed to size. The lights, blue and red strips already got ironed, ready to make a Kitchen Sink Quilt from the book Scrap Basket Surprises.  Yes, I started another new project---Feeding the addiction!  I also spent about 2 hours at JoAnn's fabrics yesterday, just wandering about and looking at everything.  Some great deals landed in my basket.  I have a long list of cutting jobs to do, and a fresh blade in my rotary cutter.  Look out!

3 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Can't wait to see what you're up to!!

Joyful Quilter said...

It amazes me how much work sorting through scrap boxes can be. Good job!

Shay said...

I love scrappy quilts..let us know if you need more scraps. Im always happy to donate.

I think I need to start something new just to feel inpsired. Quilting is hard work at the moment!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...