- Turn signals, people! 'Nuf said?
- My son Nick turned 25 years old the other day. How is it that I still look so young and beautiful? HA HA HA HA hee hee, hoo--boy, I crack myself up! Lucky man, he spent his birthday in the Adirondacks with his girlfriend at Great Camp Sagamore. I looked up the camp online and on their event calendar was a Quilter's Weekend. Poor guy can't get away from quilters even on his vacation! Correction: I wuz wrong! He stayed somewhere else entirely, Pine Tree Point on Lake Saranac. My bad!
- I don't mind doing my own laundry (Grant does his, Erica's, and the household linens--I know, I know!). I probably should appreciate the exercise I get going up and down the stairs 85 times while doing the laundry. But I don't.
- My new sewing area is already overwhelmed with stuff. It's only been two weeks!
- Fall is the best time to come to Southern California. The days are warm, the nights cool, and most of the travelers have returned to their regular programming. Even Disneyland is not overrun.
- Jimmy Fallon was hilarious as host of the Emmy's. I was sorry that my favorite show, Lost, did not win any awards. Question: why does Conan O'Brien comb that giant wave in his hair? He's already well over six feet and doesn't need to look any taller.
- Do you ever see a beautiful woman and think to yourself, "YES, way to Represent us!" I do.
- Yesterday at Michael's Arts/Crafts store they were starting to put up Christmas displays. I choked back a moan before it escaped and sped by that aisle without looking. Last year about this time I was in a big home improvement store and they already had artificial Christmas trees up. I felt really sorry for the employees who then had to listen to Christmas carols FOR THE NEXT THREE MONTHS. That's torture!
|Nick on Mother's Day 2010--obligatory photo with a tree coming out of the top of his head!|