Monday, February 7, 2011

Design Wall Monday--Feb 7, 2011

It's late but I'm still joining the DWM party!  Yesterday I purchased the one new fabric allowed in the Brown Bag Quilt Contest, which for me is the black for the sashing. I think this is a Dimples print.  I found the scroll-printed black and white in my stash and felt it was perfect for the outer border and center squares. 
Though I pulled another pink from stash, I want the blues to predominate; there will be 20 sashed squares total.  I have another black and white print with ladies hats on it that may also get added to this mix.  So far I am happy with the combo.  Still loving that stripe as the binding and hope I have enough of it!  Now to get the sashing and border fabrics washed and ready to cut.  See Judy's blog for more Design Walls. Also, be sure to see my last post to enter my Blogaversary giveaway, which is open until Friday.  

8 comments:

Chris the Quilter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

can't wait to see how these fabrics evolve.

...removed the other comment, it had the wrong blog address :(

Shay said...

Jumping up and down - I love black and white.

This quilt is going to be quite striking I think.

Kate said...

Love your color choices to go with the black. Looking foward to seeing how the blocks come out.

Quilter Kathy said...

I love how this project is morphing! You are inspired!

Michele said...

Looks like fun!! Enjoy :)

Barb in Mi said...

Nice colors and the brown bag challege sure sounds like fun!

Angie in SoCal said...

Cool! B&W are so glamorous.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...