Thursday, April 7, 2011

Off to the Wild Blue Yonder

Well, not exactly wild, but it is Ohio!  My mom and I are off to Cincinnati to go to the International Quilt Festival being held for the first time in that city.  My sister Kathy will join us from St. Louis.  Other outings to museums and nearby attractions are planned by our loveliest hostess, Cousin Florence.  We will have a great time since we are all of the same mind and never set out to have a bad one!  I'll be back with words and pictures next week. 

While in Cincinnati I'll get a chance to see this quilt again, which I made for Florence four years ago upon her retirement from nursing.  It was the first time I bought and used a jelly roll, having fallen in love with the fabric line, Sanctuary, by 3 Sisters, a Moda product.  So soft and pretty!

7 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Have a fabulous time! I really miss the festival now that it's move from Chicago, but it is nice that it's easy for a whole bunch of other people to go.

Vivian said...

Safe travels--and I hope you see wonderful sites and eat wonderful foods and have a wonderful time with family. I'm sure you will.

Browndirtcottage said...

Have fun in the wild blue yonder!!!

That is an awesome quilt there....maybe she would let you bring it home for a visit!!

Shay said...

Have fun Annie.We'll have to swap notes. This weekend is my first quilting workshop!

Pokey said...

Enjoy your trip and family, Annie! The quilt is a sweet one....
:-}pokey

Kate said...

Have a great trip!

Michele said...

Enjoy your trip! What a lovely quilt! Such soft colors :-)

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...