Friday, November 11, 2011

Triple Eleven

Once in a century date--though each day in a century is completely unique anyway, right?  Grant and I marked the special date by signing and initialing and dating a hundred mortgage refinance documents.  Since we met it has been nothing but legal documents, as I so often tease him.

Bad news:  Job #1 has been so slow I have had far too many mornings with barely any medical transcription work.  Good news:  I had a bunch of time to sew before going to Job #2 and completed all the sashing for the Flowers for Nana Girl quilt.

I laid it out and started constructing the rows, even got two of the rows stitched together by late last night.  Three more block rows to assemble; then I need to stitch all rows for the center before  moving on to the borders.  My goal is to have this quilt finished by the end of the month.  I have batting but will have to purchase flannel backing.  Don't know why I didn't get that last weekend when I was at JoAnn's.  Duh.

A shamefully overdue Quilts for Kids project is still awaiting basting, quilting, and binding.  I want to send another quilt in with it but have a question.  Are skulls and flames too aggressive for a donation quilt for sick kids?  I've read that teenaged boys are a neglected segment and feel this combo of fabrics from my stash might appeal.  It will be an abbreviated strippie quilt with just these three fabrics.  Opinions, please!

9 comments:

Shay said...

I think skulls and flames would really suit a boy from about ten or so . I say go for it.

Denise :) said...

I agree with Shay -- a teenaged boy would probably really appreciate a 'tough-guy' quilt!! Hope Job #1 picks up for you soon! :)

Abby and Stephanie said...

Everyone is always making cute girlie things and if these are intended for teenage boys then I think they're perfect. They don't stop liking skulls and flames just because they're sick.

Browndirtcottage said...

Triple eleven-42-17---HIKE!!!! Oh, you didn't mean football lingo!!

I really am anxious to see your Flowers quit when you're finished, looks pretty good right now!!!

Flames and Skulls? YES!!!

BunkHouseQuilts said...

I would go with it for sure. I know they are pleading for quilts for older boys. Looks fun!

Michele said...

My boys are 12 and 16, and for some reason skulls seem to be really in right now. I've even seem pink skull fabrics for girls and some skulls with bows! How nice of you to make a pillowcase with older boys in mind. I can see why they could be overlooked, not too many people would be up for sewing skulls and flames. It's a great choice for teen boys if you ask me :-)

Marg said...

I think they would be great for a teenage boy. Good choice!

Kim Brackett said...

I think a boy would appreciate having such a cool quilt. The colors are great.

I'm loving your FFNG quilt, too. Very sweet.

Libby said...

Go for it! That will make the PERFECT quilt for a teen.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...