Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tuesday's Orts

Late edition of the scraps and bits (orts) of thoughts and happenings of my week...
  • Forgot to share last week how my mani-pedi date with DD Erica went.  I am pathetic at keeping nail polish pristine.  The girl had to re-do my right thumbnail THREE times before I even left the salon!  And of course I dinged them all up when I got home and started doing things.  At least my toes still looked good after a day!
  • Note to self:  Do not start a best-seller, page-turner of a book at 10:30 pm on a weeknight if you want to get more than a few hours of sleep.  Sarah's Key was the book, and when I finally made myself put it down after 200 pages, I was afraid to look at the clock!
  • Sunday I planned to pin baste the wedding quilt and knew I would need many many basting pins.  I even took pins out of a project I'm planning to hand quilt, thread basting it instead, but still I ran out of pins 2/3 of the way through. 
  • So I took a trip to JoAnn's Fabric store to buy more pins.  The store was very very busy, and extremely COLD from air conditioning.  Someone needed to tell them it wasn't summer anymore--but a glance outside at the RAIN should have been the first clue.
  • Traffic rant:  People who fail to grasp the concept of the four way stop in a very busy shopping mall.  Yes, it's your turn.  Now you missed it.  Go.  Go.  GO!  Oh, geez.
  • The new Mrs. G texted me from Maui that she didn't wanna come home.  I texted back that I wouldn't want to either.
  • The "fall back" time change offers me a brief stab at "early to bed, early to rise"...not my forte, believe me.
  • A seldom seen natural event appeared as I got to JoAnn's.

However, I don't think the pot of gold is inside Sam's Club.

6 comments:

Vivian said...

I started laughing halfway through your traffic rant. I can just hear you yelling all those orders to the stupid folks at the 4-way stop. And laughing at the comment about Sam's Club :)

Pokey said...

Traffic rant of the day: so true. Larry says stop sign observances show if you are smart enough to drive, or rude enough to always think it is your turn first.

"the new Mrs. G." will be hard to get used to. I still look twice at mail for Mrs. Lydia W. instead of L. D.!
Happy day, Annie!
:-}pokey

Anonymous said...

http://silverthimbletalk.blogspot.com/2011/11/sewing-carts-oh-my.html Your a member of Sam's Club! See the post above...I just came from that blog. :-)

Shay said...

What is a 4 way stop? Do you give way to the right? That's what we do here . See- I'd be one of the people you'd be yelling at if I tried to drive over there !

Kate said...

You must have very polite poeple at your 4 way stops. In our town there seems to be a rule that the next 3 people at the stop sign can go too. I guess they think everyone at the other stop signs are already stopped anyway!

Quilter Kathy said...

love the orts!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...