Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tuesday's Orts--Dec 20, 2011

Tuesday's Orts--bits of thoughts and events that land here most weeks.
  • Sugar Season is playing havoc with my No Flour, No Sugar eating plan.  Especially since I work in a doctor's office and people bring in lots of goodies.
  • When I delivered the wedding quilt, DD Elaine turned it over to see what the label said...and was disappointed that there was no label.  Oh, dear.  Gotta remedy that!
  • Coming back from a walk the other evening, I came up behind my neighbor walking from the mailbox.  She turned and showed me that a letter addressed to someone in Mammoth Lakes had come to her mailbox.  The post office was way off on this one!
  • Things I Don't Understand:  Sagging skinny jeans on young men.  Okay, so you expect your calves to hold up your pants?
  • We went to a Japanese Teppan restaurant for our office Holiday gathering.  Dr. P had never been to a Teppan place before.  This is logical because he is a vegetarian, and watching meat being sliced and grilled in front of him isn't exactly something he finds enjoyable.  But the rest of us liked it plenty. 
  • Mini the cat supervised me closely, as usual, as I was trying to find a good place to photograph the Yellow Flowers for Yadi quilt in the backyard, frontyard, and sideyard. 
She did require a break to sharpen her claws, however.

9 comments:

Libby said...

Okay - I say that when your pants are sagging below your butt cheeks, they have ceased to be pants . . . now they are leg warmers!
Dear Santa, please bring these people belts for Christmas. Make my dreams come true *s*

Quilter Kathy said...

Your daughter is well trained to search for the label...good for her!
How fun to try out a new kind of food/restaurant for your office party!

Denise :) said...

I can't imagine trying that kind of dieting during the "most wonderful time of the year"! Bless your heart! Love your cat companion!! :)

Candace said...

I love Flowers for Yadi! And Mini is the perfect model! Your quilt reminds me of a lei I was given once when I got off the plane in Maui! Good luck with that no flour/sugar thing, Annie! I'd just add a little extra exercise which might help ;>) No one should have to resist such temptation this time of year - enjoy!
Cheers!

Samantha said...

Hubby and I were out for 'date night' (you can still call it that after 22 years of marriage right?) and I noted a very nice looking young man walking funny. He was wearing regular black slacks that were being worn properly but he was still walking like his pants were sagging around his knees. I said to hubby "We are going to have an entire generation of men who don't walk like men!" Hubby had to agree. Luckily both of our boys will still "Walk Like a Man" since they never got into the saggy pants fad.

Kate said...

I have to ask, do girls really think the baggy look is attractive on a guy? Kiddo wears skinny jeans, but that fit all the way up. In fact they may fit a little too well come to think of it. Hmmm?

My family always looks for the labels on my quilts. You trained Elaine well!

Stephanie D said...

Catching up--the yellow quilt is so sunny and cheerful! I just love the pink heart idea, and how nice to have pink in the flannel backing. No matter which way she turns it, she'll be surrounded by her favorite colors!

What? No traffic rant this week? With all the traffic that is going on? lol

Tanya said...

The Yellow Flowers quilt is stunning! I love the way the flowers form around the pinwheels!

Nanette Merrill said...

The quilt is lovely. Loved your take on things too.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...