Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday's Orts--Jan 24, 2012

Tuesday's Orts--bits of thoughts and scraps of events from my week that land here.

  • Friday's excursion to L.A. was made so pleasant by getting chauffeured by my dad and spending the ride solving the world's problems in the backseat with Cousin Florence.
  • I could eat tacos every day.  And I did about four days last week:  Fish tacos at Spencer Mackenzie, beef ones from Taco Bell, short rib tacos at Parkway Grill, chicken tacos on date night, and breakfast tacos tonight.  Oops, I guess that's five times.
  • Traffic Rant:  Extreme speeders in heavy traffic.  These maniacs seem to travel together in pods.  They come out of nowhere, zoom across and through multiple lanes of traffic without giving anyone a second to get out of their way, and then vanish into the future.  Good riddance!
  • Saturday night turned out to be date night.  Dinner and a movie?  Okay, I can get out of my pajamas for that!  Sherlock Holmes was very entertaining and the popcorn good and buttery.
  • My Road to California Quilt Show meetup with fellow bloggers Julie and Libby was great fun.  They introduced me to Dawn, of Collector with a Needle.  Lots of laughter and getting to know each other stories.  Loved it!
  • Best line of the day was by Libby:  "Block of the Months are my Kryptonite.  I just can't take them." 
  • How to tell when you're nearing a quilt convention:
No need for the GPS guide any more!

11 comments:

Julie in the Barn said...

Such a pleasure to spend the afternoon with you &Libby. I hope we can do it again soon.

Denise :) said...

What fun!! Glad you had such a fun time! And I have to agree with you on the 'speeders in heavy traffic' rant. It's awful. Have a great week, Annie! :)

Vivian said...

Such a small world we quilters have, though I'm in Iowa and you're all in California. Julie, Libby, and Dawn have blogs that I read regularly, along with yours, of course. And I've won giveways from 2 of you. Yes, a small world.
Tacos 4 or 5 times in one week? Dare we say "hooked on tacos" ?? Sounds wonderful, with so many varieties.

Quilter Kathy said...

You got to meet Julie AND Libby?!?! You lucky duck! Sheesh...that is way too much fun!

Sarah said...

Wow - so many yummy kinds of tacos. I've had some good fish ones but my fav was salmon with catalina dressing and cole slaw style cabbage. It was pretty messy for the conferance I was at but I sometimes try to replicate it at home.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

A quiltmobile... what fun, and Tacos too. You're a lucky girl; you know that, right?

Lee said...

Had I gone to R2C this year, I could have met up with you too :( Perhaps next year! So glad you had a good time with fellow bloggers.

We three enjoyed Sherlock a couple weeks ago too. I'm not a huge Downey fan, but enjoyed enough to now want to see the first one...and yes, buttery popcorn is always a must at the movies.

Candace said...

I'm so envious that you got to meet up with Libby and Julie at the show, Annie! What fun you must have all had!! Excuse me now while I go make some taco's ;>)
Cheers!

Lori said...

OMGosh! It sounds like fun!!

Kate said...

Now that I think of it, I've had tacos twice this week, yum!

Sounds like your quilt show trip was lots of fun. Hope you didn't have too many of those "extreme speed demons" on your drive.

Michele said...

Tacos are so yummy! Now I think I should make some..... I love Libby's comment too!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...