Friday, April 13, 2012

Greetings from Cincinnati

Aside from an unexpected quarter mile-plus hike to change planes in Las Vegas, my flight to St Louis on Wednesday was just fine.  I even put some stitches into my hand quilting project.  Yesterday my sister Kathy did most of the driving from her house in St. Louis to Cincinnati, taking the 64 highway and coming up through Louisville, giving me a five states in one day trip total as we went from Missouri to Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio.  We had the usual road trip fun, unfortunately including Kathy realizing two hours into the trip that she forgot her phone at home.   This afternoon we went to the International Quilt Festival to take in the vendors and also to see if there were any classes still open.  We signed up for a class tomorrow, getting the last two spots for a silk scarf dye-painting adventure from 9-12.  Then we'll meet up with Mom and the hostess with the mostest, Cousin Florence, to go through the quilt exhibits together.  No photos to share, since I left my camera cord at home, but I have been snapping away!  It's lovely to be away from the work/home routine and relax.  Updates on our adventures soon...

8 comments:

Janet O. said...

Sounds like such a good time! Looking forward to your photos in the future.

Darlene said...

I'm so glad you're having fun. Can't wait to see pictures.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Have fun, enjoy yourself!

Quilter Kathy said...

Sounds fabulous...have a great time!

One Minnesota Quilter said...

Ooh - how fun! Can't wait for the pictures!
Judy

Lee said...

Enjoy your time there...my 1860-1900 era ancestors settled in Cinci. And I've been in that Las Vegas airport and walked the same 1/4 mile+ hike to change planes! Sounds like fun though on the road trip segment..always good to have fun traveling companions :)

Shay said...

ooohh cant wait to see pictures Annie!

McIrish Annie said...

enjoy, enjoy! can't wait to see your pics on your return.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...