Monday, July 23, 2012

Design Wall Monday--July 23, 2012

On my design surface today are three cutting jobs for ongoing projects.  First up, the backing for this month's UFO, Cheddar and Cinnamon--getting a late start, aren't I?

Trying to use up stash and scraps, I pulled this green background berry print Thimbleberries yardage from stash, and will make up the rest of the backing with leftovers from the quilt top.  The cheddar will also be the binding. 

After that, pieces and parts for a couple of placemats for DD Erica, who is here until Wednesday before she heads back to Arizona.  Guess these better be first on the list to sew :)

Last, after Shay's suggestion of a mustard for the giant Shoo Fly quilt, I found this lovely print at JoAnn's.  I like how the white berries break up the mustard and tie in with the other lights in the quilt.  It's a good thing I'm working on this early, given my track record for last minute finishes--the wedding is still a couple of months off so I should be able to get this done in plenty of time (famous last words, right?).  See more design walls on Judy's new and improved Patchwork Times.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

If you are like the rest of us, you will be frantically sewing and quilting at the last minute on the wedding quilt. I love the fall colors in the first photo. I am not one to decorate with them, but I love them in a quilt. You always have such great color sense!

Quilter Kathy said...

Famous last words indeed! Looks like you have lots to keep you busy there!

Vivian said...

There's definitely an echo around here. Phrases I've heard and use often. "Famous last words" are familiar to this gal too. And "last minute finishes." And a problem with
embarrassing track records.
Good grief!! We must all be sisters, separated at birth, maintaining the same traits. Or a bunch of us are just busy quilters with busy lives, trying to fit everything in -- and having a wonderful time doing it. :)

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

This is a soothing process and a good thing too since you were really put through the wringer this past week!

Kate said...

Love the mustard with the giant Shoo Fly blocks, great idea from Shay. I'm also familiar with those "famous last words", as is the rest of my family!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Great mustard print. I also love that cheddar print in the first photo. Many projects make busy hands.

Michele said...

All of your projects are looking great :-) I agree. That mustard print looks nice and I love how the white ties it all together. Really nice!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...