Sunday, August 5, 2012

And the Option is...

Thanks to everyone who weighed in--or simply lended support--I appreciate all your words!  Initially my favorite was Option 4, but after looking more closely at the quad of options all together, I went with Option 2:
Separating the two lighter colors seemed the most balanced approach.  I like the dark brown complementing the mustard, the red complementing the olive, and the two organics of grass and leaves sharing the center.  The rows have been picked up and are ready to be sewn.

Meanwhile Saturday's sewing focused on the Quilts for Kids quilt.  I had previously set aside with the kit a nice piece of batting which turned out to be plenty long--but not wide enough.  Grr.  So that led to a flurry of hunting through leftover pieces of batting to find the same type, then zig zagging them together, followed by pinning, quilting, making and applying binding late last night.  Today I finished up the binding and sewed on the label.

Purple is a hard color to photograph.   It is now washed and ready to send back.  Cleaning up the cutting table, I was distracted by rearranging the the design elements again on paper.  At times like this I wish I EQ'd!

6 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Great finish! The wavy lines are one of my favorite quick quilting designs!

Vivian said...

That quilt will bring comfort to a child, and the wavy lines are a favorite of mine too. It's quick, looks creative, and it's very forgiving.

Michele said...

What a great cause! I'm glad you went with two! It looks wonderful :-)

Unknown said...

I like your final layout of the quilt. I really love the QFK! Cute, cute fabric. I have done a couple of them and you have inspired me to get in contact with them and make another! Very pretty!

Janet O. said...

Very nice, Annie. I think this is a beauty!

Kate said...

Very nicely done! Congrats on the finish.

I agree, purple is very hard to photograph.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...