Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What I'm Working On Wednesday

Yesterday my sole errand was taking my mom to LAX airport.  Afterwards I was free to do as I pleased, and that included a trip to Homegoods and a large Joann's store in a nearby city.  Wow, those big stores have way more to look at.  I spent a pleasant near hour wandering around Homegoods, a decor store with everything you never knew you wanted to put in your home :)  There was no "have to have it now" item so I left with my wallet no lighter.  However, it was a bit of a different story at Joann's.

 Cute button knobs to replace the plain Jane brass ones on my sewing desk.  These were on sale.

Rack for my GO! cutter dies and mats, on clearance for under $10.  I also got another length of flannel for a quilt back, a couple of remnants, some adorable little embroidery kits I neglected to take a photo of, and some much needed machine needles. 

 Later I stitched together all the remaining leader-ender four patch pairs by my machine and played with a layout.

 I thought this was a bit more interesting than single square chains.  Above is a rectangular layout. 

But I think I prefer this symmetrical one.  I am short one four patch but that will easily be remedied.  This would end up about 32" square before borders, which seems a good size to start with for a square table topper.  Opinions?

6 comments:

Janet O. said...

Love those new knobs. I don't think our tiny local JoAnn store carries anything like that.
I like the square layout best. Is that what your "opinion" query was about? : )

Marg said...

Those knobs are so cute I've never seen anything like them here.
I really need to try working with leaders and enders.

Darlene said...

The knob is adorable, Annie.

I don't get by the bigger Joann's very often but when I do it's such a treat.

I like the square four patch - very cute.

McIrish Annie said...

I like the 2nd one. go make the last four patch!

Kate said...

I like the symmetrical one as well. Very cool 4 patches.

Dawn said...

Cute knob - and the rack is a must have.
Great four patches too!!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...