Friday, August 2, 2013

Five at the Fair

So how did my five entries do?  I was dying to find out, and since my office closed early today in honor of Old Spanish Days in Santa Barbara, I was home by mid afternoon.  My mom and I caught a ride from my dad instead of fighting the traffic to the parking lot, and once we paid for our tickets, headed for the Home Arts building.  I spied one of my entries right from the door, hanging up on the far wall, and we scurried to see whether it had a ribbon.

There was a sticker on it saying "Honorable Mention".  Not the color ribbon I would most have enjoyed seeing, but recognition anyway in a very crowded division/class of entries.  We prowled the rest of the building looking for the others.
Although the hideous fluorescent lighting turned the Baby Houndstooth to green and pink rather than its true brown and raspberry, the red ribbon sticker meant it earned a second place award.  Nice!  Further searching brought us to the Chevron Tablerunner.  I may never have shown it finished on the blog. 



A lovely blue ribbon was attached to the runner.   DD Erica wondered why they put a rock on top of it.  Good question I had no answer to!   It took a while to locate the fourth entry, but finally we spotted it in the farthest glass case along the opposite wall. 


Another blue!  Very exciting! (Sorry for the reflection of my legs and shoes from the glass) The hunt for the fifth entry was high and low but we did locate it at last in an entirely Halloween-themed booth. 


Another blue sticker on the entry tag!  What fun it was to share the excitement of the hunt with this cowgirl:


 Thanks, Ma! 

19 comments:

loulee said...

Congratulations. What a haul. I'm so pleased for you.

Janet O. said...

Way to go, Annie!!

Quilter Kathy said...

What a beautiful cowgirl!
And how exciting to get several 1st place ribbons! Congrats!

Nana B said...

Congratulations!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Congratulations! How fun not only to see your projects on display but to receive recognition for them too.

ytsmom said...

Congrats! I remember the excitement when I was in 4-H, to see what ribbons I had won. Good job!

Darlene said...

What a fun hunt. Congratulations on the ribbons and such. Way to go!

carol fun said...

Congratulations! How wonderful to see your work displayed and rewarded. What a great experience.

Vivian said...

You're a loyal entrant at the fair, and that's commendable. Congrat's on all the ribbons! Some day I'll get brave enough to try entering some of my own, but till then, I'll just enjoy reading about yours.
Hunting for your entries would have been a fun adventure.
Mom looks like she's been having a good time, and I can see the family resemblance in your smiles. :)

Kate said...

Congratulations! Wow, three firsts! That is so cool. Hope you celebrated!

Sherrill said...

WOW, that's QUITE the ribbon haul! YAY, congrats!!

Lindah said...

OH, Wow! You did good. Congratulations.

Sarah said...

Congratulations Annie! I've only entered my quilts in a local agricultural show.i won a couple of prizes, but my quilts are definitely not for quilt shows!

Libby said...

Good job. Congrats on the awards.

Chantal said...

Congratulations! What to know why they put a rock on your quilt? Because you rock girl!!!!;)

Shay said...

What a terrific result and so exciting for you to see all those ribbons acknowledging your brilliance. Congratulations!

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

Wow, you did really well at the Fair! Good going Annie!

Joyful Quilter said...

Congratulations! Three blue ribbons! Go ahead, pat yourself on the back.

Pokey said...

You did very well, even though I thought that blue and brown one deserved better than Honorable mention. Great job on having 5 entries, too, I know what effort that takes ~
:-}pokey

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...