Friday, July 18, 2014

Where I'll Be This Weekend

This weekend, I'll be spending a lot of time at my sewing machine with this:

I've pinned the quilt for my sister in law Laura and started some tentative quilting, but didn't like the design and ripped it out.  Same as last year this time, I'm pushing to get a quilt finished to enter it in the fair.  I have another project yet to complete as well--that one is a doll quilt being big-stitch hand quilted.  The deadline for entering is 5 pm Sunday...wish me luck!

I'll also be spending time with this favorite shirt:

I've agreed to let it go so it will be a fond farewell.  I love this big linen shirt and have had it for at least 10 years since I bought it at a thrift store.  The upper collar I cut off years ago and it has been a "house shirt" since then.  My sister Kathy loathes it--she calls it a dishcloth-- and she and my sister in law bought me a replacement denim shirt.  Kathy is holding the new shirt hostage until I hand over this one, as I agreed. Bossy one, isn't she? :)

Some hours will also be spent with the newest male in our lives:

Here's the little stinker up on his hands and knees at 4.5 months old.  He's looking like an early crawler for sure--he's been rolling over since before he was three months old.  A first tooth is not far off either!

Mimi got to have him for a nap last weekend at our neighborhood block party, while mommy and daddy ate their BBQ.  I didn't mind a bit!  Cove's been having very short naps and waking up a lot at night, but otherwise he's durn near irresistible!  We'll be babysitting this weekend so his parents can have a date night.
Hope you all have a busy weekend planned too.

6 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

I love it when the babies start rocking back and forth, ready to discover take off! Mimi and baby look quite content. :o) Well my vote is to cut the shirt up and put it in a quilt. I love the colors. Fingers crossed you get your finishes done in time.

Shay said...

I'd counter deal on the shirt - that you'll make the old one into potholders or something once they hand over the new one...

Nanny-hood suits you Annie.

Good luck with those deadlines. I'm trying to finish a flimsy this weekend too ...

Marg said...

I think you should use the shirt in another project too. Then you will have it for all time.
Good luck with all your sewing deadlines.

Kate said...

Cove gets cuter with every picture you post.

Hope you were able to get some stitching in.

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

This is a precious picture of Cove with his Mimi, you both look pretty contented. He is a very early hands and knees rocker for sure, oh my mom will have her hands full soon.

Sarah said...

Oh he's way too little to be up on all fours already surely! They need to stay babies for longer and not be keen to grow up. Lovely photo of you snuggling Cove.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...