Friday, April 24, 2015

Another Finish

The modern baby quilt my daughter and I picked out fabrics for at Superbuzzy so many months ago is finally finished. 
The pattern is Scout, by Allison Harris of Cluck Cluck Sew.  One exception to her pattern is the top and bottom borders. My daughter likes the floating look.

I used cream, olive green, and navy thread to free-motion quilt different curvy designs I made up as I went along. I left most of the light fabrics and the acid yellow and silver Cotton +Steel print unquilted. 

After burying about a hundred or two threads, the binding and label were attached.  The quilt is having its first bath now and I'll deliver it to my daughter shortly.  I worked on the quilting last weekend at our Modern Quilt Guild Meet-Up.  My sister helped me spray baste the layers.  We had a great time sewing together--a couple of dozen members--as well as eating, making selvage bags, and winning wonderful goody bags.  It is such a pleasure to sew with friends!

Next on the list is a bunch of pillows.  I promised some Euro pillows to other daughter Erica at Christmas, and I have 6 pillows to sew for my patio chairs.  I want to get these all done in the next week.  Given that I just unexpectedly got laid off on Tuesday, I should manage that easily. 

6 comments:

Shay said...

Oh Annie-Im sorry to hear about your job. Im sure you'll have no problem finding another.

Love the herringbone quilt- its lovely! Ive had one to do on my list for quite some time. Maybe that should be my next project?

Joyful Quilter said...

Love love love love the quilt!

Sorry to hear about the job. Getting laid off is never a good time. Think positive: no more long commute. Hope you find something else soon.

Barb said...

great finish!

Anonymous said...

Laid-off?! So sorry!
But on a happy note...you finish is AWESOME! Bet you wished you could have kept! This always happens to me.

Lorraine said...

Sorry to hear you got laid off Annie! Hope you find something else soon x

Tanya said...

I just love this quilt of yours and you did an exceptional job of the quilting too... Hmmm. It looks like you use a lot of strings for it, and I have a box of strings. I wonder... I've checked out Cluck Cluck Sew now...

Sorry to hear about your job situation...

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...