Monday, April 25, 2016

Design Wall Monday


Work on the memory quilt for my sister in law has progressed to the layout stage. Yesterday morning I squeezed most of the 96 sewn blocks into the small floor space of my sewing room.
I'd decided to choose the last three block  shirt colors after layout. If you notice, I have a sort of plaid effect going with same print rows. I may add one more.  My process was interrupted by a delightful invite from DD Erica to drive up to Santa Barbara and shop on State Street. We spent a few hours at that, had lunch and enjoyed the coastal views on the drive. 

See more design walls on Judy's Patchwork Times

8 comments:

Janet O. said...

I REALLY like how this is turning out!

Mary said...

Sounds like a wonderful outing and great quilt!

Kat said...

Looking good! Great idea for a memory quilt layout.

Dawn said...

Wonderful!! I love the variety of plaids.
How fun to have a lunch outing.

Kate said...

Nice balance of light and dark. Beautifully done!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Annie, this looks great; the woven appearance acheived through the block placement is stunning! Well done.

Browndirtcottage said...

This is going to be a wonderful memory quilt! I really like the placement you did with the shirtings.

TRIP? TO SHOP?…..sigh……I need one of those types of afternoons…..

Hope you had a great Mother's Day!!

Tanya said...

Great idea for a Memory Quilt. I'll have to remember this. I too love the way the fabrics look woven.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...