Wednesday, March 1, 2017

UFO Challenge 2017 #9 Update and next pick




I took the final stitches this morning in the #9 pick in Judy's UFO Challenge 2017, which on my list was the Baby Flying Geese quilt. 

 I'm pleased with the finished quilt and like the way my quilting turned out--I used only my walking foot's edge for the spacing.  The few diagonal lines I marked with my Hera tool.
 
I think the quilting looks good on the back too!
The binding is attached completely by machine.  No label yet, but a family friend is expecting a grandchild and perhaps this will be suitable as a gift. 

Judy's draw for March is #5, which on my list is the Greenpiece BOM quilt.
 

 Much of the work is wool applique on that project and I am considering switching it out for #11, which is cutting for four Projects in Boxes, as I'm itching to do more piecing, my first love!  I could still work on the applique at the same time, as I have no current cross-stitch project.

Linking to Judy's Patchwork Times.





10 comments:

Janet O. said...

This Baby Flying Geese quilt is wonderful! I think the quilting is perfect for it. I'm not sure why I am so drawn to this quilt, but I really love it!
Hey, they are your UFOs--I say work on whichever one you feel like. : )

Janet said...

Love the finished quilt and the quilting...It's always nice to have a finish too 😉

Janet said...

Love the finished quilt and the quilting...It's always nice to have a finish too 😉

Mary said...

I think the quilting motif you chose is perfect for this piece. I love using my walking foot whenever possible.

Louise said...

What a sweet little baby quilt! Love those soft colors.

Vireya said...

Congratulations on finishing your lovely Baby Flying Geese.

Kate said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish! Good luck with this month's UFO which ever one you pick.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Congrats on the finish!! It looks SO great! and wow - what a stunner for your next one!

Sherrill said...

The baby quilt is wonderful and I LOVE your quilting!! You did such a great job!

Tanya said...

I've got a bunch of flying geese strips left over from something that didn't get made... I wonder if I could get them off the design wall and made into a quilt like this... I will study your photo closer.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...