Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times UFO Challenge list: One project a month chosen by Judy's random number draw.
1. Judy's Mystery Quilt--FEBRUARY'S PICK The center of the top is complete. Needs borders, backing assembled (already purchased), quilting and binding. Update: Borders added and backing partially assembled--messed up cutting the backing and have to unpick and add additional yardage. Bummer.
2. Caramel Blues--MAY'S PICK. The center of the top is complete. Needs borders, backing assembled, quilting and binding. Update: progress to quilting stage by deadline.
3. Cheddar and Cinnamon--JULY'S PICK. The top is completed. Needs backing, quilting and binding. Update: Not touched. Well, I washed the backing by the deadline and figured out the MATH...
4. Any Witch Way--SWAPPED FOR #11, SEPTEMBER'S PICK. Two small quilts. One top is complete. Letters for names are pieced for the second, which needs to be completed, then both quilted and bound. Update: Smaller quilt completed and given to DD Elaine. Names and borders added to larger quilt.
5. Patriotic Fields Doll Quilt--JANUARY'S PICK. Sandwich completed. Awaiting hand-quilting and binding. Update: binding on, hand quilting in progress. COMPLETED 4/17/12
6. Yuletide Blessings--OCTOBER'S PICK.Sandwich completed, binding made. Only needs quilting and binding. Quilting completed 10/31/2012.
8. Greenpiece BOM--DECEMBER'S PICK (previously swapped for March pick.) Some blocks completed. Make remaining pieced blocks and all wool blocks, assemble tree medallion. All pieced blocks complete.
9. Table runners--SWAP FOR #8, MARCH'S PICK. Two table runners. Baby Boxes needs borders, backing, quilting and binding. Party Time needs the applique stitched down, backing, quilting and binding. COMPLETED BY DEADLINE, YAY!!
10. Jewel Box--APRIL'S PICK. Make 32 additional jewel box blocks to make a throw sized top. Assemble top. Update: all blocks made, some rows assembled by deadline. COMPLETED AND GIVEN TO MY BOSS JUNE 28, 2012, named Jollas de la Mar (Jewels of the Sea).
11. Quiltbuddies Christmas block swap: SEPTEMBER'S PICK. SWAPPED WITH #4. Swapped again for #9, NOVEMBER'S PICK. Cut sashing and cornerstones, assemble top. Top completed by deadline, 11/30/2012.
12. Double pink and brown/tan 9 patch blocks--JUNE'S PICK!! Make X's and O's small quilt. Update: progressed to finished top by deadline, then to sandwich stage. Completed in early September 2012 and given to sister in law as a housewarming present.