Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday again..and some tumblers

These past few weeks have been very difficult workwise so I am even more eager for the weekends to come.  Luckily I have lots of places to visit in blogland even if I have nothing particularly blog-worthy to post!  I have been ogling Tumbler quilts ever since I made my Halloween one last year.  A reminder:

This is not the finished project but shows the fabrics from the charm pack I used (which was several years old at that point).  The tumblers are 3" finished and I used an acrylic template I bought at JoAnn's Fabrics.  That set me on a course to cut up a lot of my scraps with the tumbler template.  Tumbler quilts kept catching my eye, such as these beauties:
Do you explore other bloggers' blog rolls?  I love to see where other folks get their inspirations and sometimes spend an hour (or more!) hopping around.  I get a lot of pleasure from this and find myself smiling as I do.  It's a great way to escape from the drama and worries of the week!

Tomorrow I'll share the two projects I've worked on this week in the sewing room.  I have a finished top and a finished bag that need to pose outside.  Happy Friday!

8 comments:

loulee said...

I love exploring other peoples blogrolls, like you I can spend hours looking around and I get lots of inspiration from other people and their blogs.

Kathie said...

I love tumbler quilts too!

Quilt Hollow said...

Out of all quilts I've done...never have attempted a tumbler. Thanks for sharing links....I know where to go for inspiration.

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

Yep, I sneak around other people's blog rolls all the time! The theory is that if I like that person, it's likely I'll like the people they like.

I think every quilting idea Ive had in the last year or so has come from someone's blog. It's a great way to get ideas.

I've never done a tumbler quilt either. Thanks for posting those links. (Another project for my "I'm going to do one of these one day" folder. )

Libby said...

Tumblers are on my to-do list . . . . which seems to grow by the minute.

Vivian said...

Thanks for the list of links to all the tumbler goodies. Such an interesting variety.

I'm always getting lost in the blog lists. One leads me to another--and another--and another-- and time goes by so quickly. But what fun I have.

belinda said...

Yes...Yes....I love to see all the Tumbler quilts...I was always going to do one...but never have! I earmarked this post for future inspiration when I get ready to do one.

Tazzie said...

Thank you so much for the kind words Annie, what a sweetheart you are!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)