There were three different combos of the two prints and one neutral I'm using for the border sections. Though the pattern gave directions to sew strip sets and then cut 1.5" segments from each, I used a shortcut I learned from Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville to speed up the process and keep the pieces matched, but carried it one step further by marking the paired strips and sewing 1/4" from the marked line before cutting it apart. Not a new idea, by any means, but one that improved my accuracy. I always did have trouble getting those small pairs all exact.
I'm not sure I would use this method if I had several dozens of blocks to sew for a quilt, but in this case there were only 12 blocks. It was faster for me to use scissors to cut them apart on the marked lines, so that's what I did.
So far, so good! I plan on using these block parts as leader-enders while I make dozens of blocks for the Winding Ways quilt.
A long cutting session on Saturday at a guild sew-in saw all the remaining pieces get fed through the GO die cutter and fill this box. I believe I now have enough block parts, but given my MATH history, we shall see! It was a busy Saturday, including a haircut where I left 4" of length on the floor, the sew-in, and an engagement party for a nephew. We got to see this little guy twice this weekend:
Grandson Cove sure looks like his Mama in this photo :) He's 7 months old now, has two teeth, is crawling like crazy, pulling himself up to stand any time he can, and as our daughter said, mowing down all food offered to him. What a joy he is in our lives!
See more design walls on Judy's Patchwork Times.