Monday, April 24, 2017

Design Wall Monday--Progress plus Another Squirrel

On this DWM, I'm still getting sucked into projects I didn't mean to start, simply in the process of cleaning my sewing room!    I had some leftovers from the Cross My Heart runner from last post, so stitched them up quickly into this small runner or table mat (from Kim Brackett's Scrap Basket Beauties book). Squirrel!

There is another pile of leftover squares still on the cutting table, so they may turn into borders or another mini quilt, we shall see :) 

 I sewed up the Twilight Hopscotch block (Kim Diehl's Simple Comfort's Lap Quilts book).  I really want to make the whole quilt now, and will be ordering from Connecting Threads' Oh My Darling Line.  I tried to order fabric but the website was not cooperating with me on Saturday. 

Then another project jumped out from the cutting table, from a 10" square stack also from Connecting Threads.  I saw a pattern called Sliced Cake  HERE and pulled fabrics from my stash with plans to make a mini version of this pattern, for a baby quilt. 

Unfortunately I had a miscut accident and won't have three pieces of one set I was cutting :( .  There will be some shopping to add to this bin and quilt project as my stash lacked any appropriate yellow, turquoise blue or mint green to pull.  

Saturday it was beautiful out and I set up a tray with hand stitching supplies for finishing up the doll quilt for the Humble Quilts Swap.


Though I had to wear a visor and move my chair around the patio table to stay in the shade as the sun moved, I really enjoyed watching the birds, planes, palm trees, and butterflies as I stitched down the binding and added hand quilting.  On this end of town there is a tiny post office--which is very inconviently closed at lunchtime--so I have to wait until my morning off to send it on its way East.  

What is NOT getting worked on is the UFO pick of the month.  I made the backing the first weekend the number was picked but am stalled at the usual stage, basting and quilting.   


A friend called all the other projects I've been doing instead "Procraftination".  Love that!

See more Design Walls on Judy's Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

Janet O. said...

I enjoy seeing the little projects that are sucking you in! I don't feel so bad now. LOL
That Kim Diehl block is especially appealing, but don't get me started. I have started so many quilts in my head lately, and then had to talk myself out of them.
Your little doll quilt is wonderful. Your swap partner should love it.
You have inspired me to find more time to do my hand stitching on the deck in the fresh air. Sounds great!
Oh, I love "procraftination"! That is a perfect word. : )

Mary said...

You may not be working on the project you intended, but you are being very productive. I say, go where your creative spirit takes you.

Maker Joy said...

I get stuck at the basting and quilting stage too.

Your were able to pull a lot of fun projects from your cutting table; I can see why you've been distracted.

Barb said...

Great word for all of us.....love what you are doing

Kate said...

Lots of fun stuff going on in your sewing room. Letting your squirrel loose occasionally is a good thing. It definitely led you to some pretty stuff.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...