Lots more activity in the sewing room, including quilting smaller projects. I made a Baby size Moda Love Quilt a couple of years ago and it stalled after the top was pieced--a fairly typical bump in the road for my quilt making process! Something simple was called for and, since I had the right size batting and quickly stitched up a backing, quilting commenced.
I started this quilt with a charm pack of Bonnie and Camille fabric and added neutrals and a few other additions from stash to finish out the layout.
Chunks of leftovers for a backing. I used my Hera marker to space lines 1" apart and neutral thread. I love the texture it gives. There not being any other Bonnie and Camille fabric in stash, there were many options pulled and rejected. Finally I happened upon a green print that works and it has been cut and sewn, ready to attach when I have the walking foot out again.
A leader-ender project jumped ahead of others too. I finished up the last five blocks of Cross My Heart from Kim Brackett's Scrap Basket book and commenced layout of the tablerunner I'm making for my brother, all greens from scraps and stash.
The bright yellow-green blocks were too loud and got pulled, and I had one leftover double. I have to cut setting triangles before assembling but have the rows pinned in stacks.
Mini, my 15 year old cat, found the empty project box irresistible...
Her, um, +/- 15 lb body didn't really fit in the photo box...