Our next grandson's quilt is ready to go--I got all the quilting done by walking foot, and chose a solid blue from stash for the binding.
I had a few binding clips loose in my sewing desk, but needed more. The plastic box of red binding clips was not in its usual desk drawer. A 20 minute "I just saw them" search then ensued--I looked through every drawer and bin at the messy sewing desk, and then all over the messy cutting table.
Believe it or not, the binding clips were mere inches from the sewing machine in the photo above...
...under a pile of leader-ender blocks! Mystery solved, I set to hand stitching the binding down.
The quilt is fairly small, though it seemed to take awhile stitching the binding by hand.
The binding fabric shade was very close to the solid strip on the backing, a hair of difference. I love the orange print, there is not much left to put in the scrap box. As our son and daughter-in-law have not quite settled on his name, I'll make the quilt label after baby arrives.
In other quilt news, my niece Emma sent a pic of herself wrapped in the Bookshelf quilt. She was so happy to have it at last :)
There are a lot of tops that need quilting and I'll be constructing backings for them. Also I poked around the project boxes in the Hoosier cabinet and oh, my, there are a lot of them! Another "Empty the Hoosier Cabinet" self-challenge should occupy June, for the times when I am not holding our new grandson!