- Bruce, our younger daughter's rescued kitten, posed for a photo when I checked in on him recently when she was out of town. He's close to four months old now.
Here he is surrounded by some favorite toys. Bruce especially enjoyed attacking my feet which I had tucked under the blanket folded on the bed. I told Erica that while he didn't let me pick him up, he tolerated me holding his paw to extract a talon from my sock.
- My mom's birthday was last week and we celebrated on the weekend with dinner out at a popular local restaurant as a party of seven. There were several large parties there at the same time. While the waiter was friendly and personable, the service was surprisingly bad--it took over 30 minutes just to get the drinks we ordered. The food took even longer, but was good except for my sister's steak, which looked to have been microwaved hot before serving. She was not pleased at all, had the dish taken away and refused replacement, but was polite about it. The manager sent over free desserts later but some family members will not return there, I think!
- The Meadowland quiltalong continues (pattern by Then Came June) and I posted my "middles" on Instagram. I'm piecing the quilt by rows rather than blocks to eliminate some seams.
Somewhere along the way in making these blocks, I misplaced my favorite 6.5" square Omnigrid ruler that I have had for many years. I have not been able to find it after multiple searches of everywhere I could think of. I imagine it will reappear in an unlikely place at some point!
- Traffic rant: Drivers who look you dead in the eyes and pull out in front of you anyway. Even worse if they poke along after doing it. Grrr.
- I was offered an extra shift to scribe at a different office and enjoyed working with a younger demographic--we even saw an 18 month old boy. The doctor I mainly work for sees a large number of patients in their 80s and 90s. We had a 99 year old man the other day who wanted to be checked for a hernia. I did not stay for the examination section of that visit!
- My husband helped me fix an issue that has been a bother in the sewing room for months. My adjunct desk in the sewing room had a drawer failure--likely due to me adding too much weight, causing the center drawer support to fail. One drawer has been taking up a lot of counter space and I finally tired of it. We turned the desk upside down and Grant found some Gorilla glue in the garage. Unfortunately it was completely dried up so I had to make a trip to the hardware store--making a 10 minute repair job take three times as long! Anyway, my repair worked and yesterday after getting the desk back in place, I spent TWO HOURS clearing surfaces and putting things away in my small room.
- Finally, we have some exciting news we can share at last--we will be grandparents again in August when our son and his wife are expecting a baby BOY! In an amazing coincidence, DIL Ashley has the same due date as I had with our son. Nick was born 3 days after his due date so we will wait and see if baby and daddy have the same birthday. Happy times!