The back is pieced to keep the script print right side up :)
I had little of this red candy cane print that I used for the cornerstones and figured I had just enough of it to use on the corners. I cut 12 inch sections of the red print at 2.5"wide and ironed them in half lengthwise like the other binding pieces. I folded the red print binding segments in half and aligned the folded edge with the raw edge of my quilt top and pinned it in place. Then I sewed the green dot binding pieces to the free ends of the red print using a straight seam instead of a diagonal, measuring and cutting the green print binding only to proper length.
You can see in this picture where I joined the red print to the green print binding. This procedure I did one at a time as I approached the corners while attaching the binding to the quilt sandwich. I had to make a couple of straight joins in the green dot binding but they are really invisible.
See more design walls on Judy's Patchwork Times.