There are a lot of different new projects swirling around in my brain, making it easy to ignore the several dozen (cough) already in progress. Generally new ideas barge in when I am looking for something else, or am trying to use up leftovers. I'm still on a baby quilt kick and while cleaning up the cutting table after the houndstooth baby quilt, I got to thinking about using up all the bonus HSTs from that quilt. Several years ago, during the Thomas Fire disaster in our county, we made quilts from 12" finished Perkiomen Valley blocks, many of which were donated from all over the continent--and overseas. The shaded blocks can be laid out many different ways. One of our guild members set hers in a pattern that came to be known as "The Stacy". It's a very dynamic setting.
I decided to crop just a corner of the layout for a 4x4 setting to use up the odd sized leftover HSTs that are 4" unfinished. I chose solids and graphic prints from stash in many colors for the dark half of the block, and light solids and a few prints for the light half.
Many scraps and 5" charms got cut for the 16 blocks needed for this setting. I also sketched a Drunkard's path block substituting for the HST. That would be fun to play with too. The ideas never stop coming!
I quickly wrote up my plan on an index card, as lately I have come across too many baggies of parts that were specifically grouped but without any idea what I thought they were going to become!
While waiting for Telemedicine visits to commence during the work-from-home hours, I like to have some stitching to pick up. Last week I finished the Lizzie Kate Summer Sampler remix ...
...and think it turned out cute. This was from a $.95 thrift store find of a couple of years ago, a design from the 90s. Rummaging around in the tub of embroidery stuff today, I came across an even older item to stitch. I did have some floss with it so at some point it had escaped the bin for a time, though nary a stitch was yet made.
The packaging says it was printed in 1987! There were some long lags between patients today so the rind of the watermelon was finished. Red floss is at the ready for tomorrow's lags. I'll need to pull out some black floss for the seeds as well.
I have a few pics from our Father's Day gathering to show next post.