Tuesday's Orts--bits and pieces that land here once in a while...
- My sister won a raffle basket or two last month at the VMQG Guild meeting. She gifted me all the patterns and fabric she didn't want. The Bonnie and Camille floral is so pretty. I'm sure I'll find a good quilt for it to belong to.
- A call went out for donations of gently used quilts for Afghan refugees. I found three I was willing to part with. This quilt was made years ago from blocks I won from a blog. Although red and green, the prints are not Christmasy.
- This huge moth lingered for a couple of hours on our kitchen's garden window screen. Pardon my clean dishes cluttering up the pic. Speaking of clutter....
- Pardon the blur, I was trying to be quick while Dr. B was out of the room. I think his wife cleans up after him at home, because every day he brings a drink and doesn't finish it or throw it away. I recently mentioned the mess and he brought a bag the next day and took all the cans away, but left the bottles! Well I think some of the bottles weren't even opened. Too funny.
- A little doll quilt mostly from leftovers of the Greenpiece BOM quilt. It will get quilted and donated to guild for some little girl to enjoy.
- Traffic Rant: There are folks in our neighborhood who cannot bear to walk two yards further from their parked car to their house and therefore park practically on the corner. One of them is a big ass truck, which makes it really hard to see cross traffic or dog walkers while trying to get out of our court. A daily annoyance!
- This time three years ago I was checking my County Fair Entries.
I made this quilt for the Sewtopia Challenge fabric that year. It was a fun exercise. We got emails today regarding the Orlando event a month away, I'm hoping I managed to reserve a sewing machine so I don't have to fly one there. I've chosen a pattern for this year's challenge fabric bundle and plan to get started on it this weekend. There are secret swap gifts to make too, and I'm excited about an idea for pincushions. So much to do before the end of September. I'm hoping to get a COVID-19 booster mid September, as it will be 8 months since my second shot, and COVID numbers are scary!