Sunday, September 24, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching--September

Binding has been my slow stitching project of the week, after fulfilling my goal of attaching to the Cheddar and Cinnamon quilt last weekend.  I have reached about halfway point of the 72" square quilt. 

It has been awhile since I hand stitched a binding on a quilt this large, preferring the quick and simple machine stitched method for most of my machine-quilted projects.  The backing fabric in this pic is a Thimbleberries print; appropriate since I adapted a Thimbleberries pattern for this quilt (Criss Cross Nines).

I've also yet to start another cross-stitch project, though I whet my appetite even further after hitting a thrift shop yesterday and finding treasure--a cache of Lizzy Kate patterns for 95 cents each.




The copyright dates on these are 2004-2006.  I love these designs and some had the charms included.  There was also a Blackbird Designs chart.
Sweet design and saying.  I'll enjoy time with needle and thread.  I also picked up this vintage 70s pattern that was never opened.   I just love the illustrations. Maybe someday there will be a granddaughter to make this for.


Fall is officially here, some trees are turning, but we are about to have another heat wave.  Our next door neighbors had AC put in their house and my husband bought a room air conditioning unit from them to use in our bedroom.  I managed to get some Fall decorations out the other morning, and we have chrysanthemums in pots in the front yard. 
I managed to get some Fall decorations out the other morning, and we have chrysanthemums in pots in the front yard. Quilts, always quilts first up!

Gourds and acorns and fall leaves. My favorite colors to decorate with.  I need to change out the quilt on the stair railing and unearth a wreath hanger for the front door to complete the seasonal changes.  

Linking up to Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching. 

7 comments:

Deb A said...

Very pretty. I need to pull out a few more fall things.. I told the kids they could pull the halloween stuff out in October... which is next week!

Janet said...

Great cross stitch finds. I'm ready to start another stitchery too..think I'm going with something winter oriented. Your autumn décor is lovely 😊

Mary said...

You really did score some treasures. I love fall colors too.

Sherrill said...

I mighta sprung for the Blackbird pattern but I have SO MANY cross-stitch pieces started (kinda like in my quilting..UGH) that I'll never finish. My fave is Prairie Schooler and if I finished all I have started, not sure where I'd put them all. Love the decorations. Can't bring myself to do that yet (it means winter's coming..YUCK)!

The Cozy Quilter said...

It's still too hot here to have fall decorations out but I will be doing that soon. I love hand sewing the binding on a quilt! You have enough cross stitch patterns to keep you busy with your new purchases!

Tanya said...

You are inspiring! I will get out some of my fall quilts tomorrow! And buy some mums! Great idea!

Kate said...

I love the fussy cut binding. It's perfect. You've got some fun stitching to do this winter.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...