Tuesday's Orts--random bits of thoughts and events that land here occasionally.
- National Sew a Jelly Roll Day found me needle deep in strip sets.
I sewed and sewed and ironed and ironed. Most of these prints are from the Civil War Homefront Jelly Roll. Some 4 patches and also HSTs appeared but there is a lot of cutting, sewing, and trimming yet to be done before this pile of yummy prints turns into a bunch of Jewel Box blocks.
- My husband's birthday happened to coincide with that National Sew Day. We went out to a favorite breakfast place, where he was gifted a huge cinnamon roll for his birthday. I helped eat it.
Who could resist those blue eyes? The table behind us included four young boys in their party. I was astonished to see them peeling back the foil of jelly packets and eating the jelly with a spoon. Then they had chocolate milk and pancakes with syrup. I predicted sugar comas for all.
- Our grandsons both fell sick on Saturday, which meant their parents' plans to see a concert in LA were cancelled, but Mimi was recruited to watch the boys for a few hours so they could still have a night out locally--everybody wanted to watch some boxing match (not me!). I got this photo prior to the request:
Hunter (1 1/2) crashed out on the bean bag. He's nearly 25 lbs and very busy. He's suddenly saying short phrases and learning new words every day. Mama gave him a haircut since that photo. Big brother Cove was the sickest, hardly any color to his face and just miserable with a fever and cold symptoms. They are better today but not completely well yet.
- One of the docs came in Monday morning and relayed a new phrase I'm going to have to steal: He reported that a relative of his was "On the top of his Fecal Roster". lol
- Three years ago this happened:
- Traffic Rant: Tailgaters who zoom up behind you and cling to your bumper despite speed limits and the lack of any alternate lane one can move to.