Monday, November 20, 2017

Design Wall Monday--Nov 20

I'm late to DWM but do have progress to report.  Over the weekend I got the Star baby quilt for my daughter's best friend pinned at last, and set to quilting it yesterday. 

I was lucky to find a match for this Kona Flesh in a door prize Aurifil thread pack.  Wavy lines randomly spaced was my plan.  I quilted a number of rows before realizing that the horizontal lines I thought I was stitching were actually vertical.  Oh well!

Some rows I sewed to overlap and make a ribbon.  Mom-to-be is a week overdue and hoping to deliver soon.  Meanwhile, binding has been made and attached and last night I started stitching it down while watching TV, a process whereby it seems I really only stitch during the commercials!

I've also been getting a few stitches in a new cross stitch project, which I started on the plane to NOLA.  
Lizzie Kate's Stitching Forever, Housework whenever design.  Love my octopus needlekeeper. 

See more design walls on Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

5 comments:

Cathy Tomm said...

Great baby quilt. The quilting is so cute.

Kate said...

Congrats on all the progress. Those wavy lines really add some nice texture to the quilt. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Mary said...

I really like your choice of wavy lines for quilting and I don't think vertical versus horizontal matters at all.

Louise said...

Such soft, pretty colors on this little star quilt! I'm sure the mom-to-be will love it :)

Joyful Quilter said...

Cute baby quilt. I've gotta try the line quilting, I love the look.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...