That part did not go too badly. I used the walking foot and just marked the center of the arc with a pin, aiming to curve at midpoint. There was quilt pushing and shoving required but since the stitching was all at the edge, it was not too much of an upper body workout.
Sunday's job was much harder--completing all the stippling in the white sections. Nightmare! The top thread must have broken at least 40 times, I ran out of bobbin thread multiple other times, broke a needle once, and changed the needle size once. About three times I had to stop and clean the bobbin case of fuzz. Skipped stitches were occurring repeatedly until I removed the Supreme Slider. Not sure why that was a problem, maybe I was just trying to move too fast, plus I was using a 40 weight thread that was 100% cotton and not very tightly wound. It was a Mettler thread, which I have used before without these issues. All in all it was a terrifically frustrating day at the sewing machine, requiring multiple rest periods, chocolate, Advil, and the distraction of the LA Times Sunday Crossword puzzle (which I finished).
Finally it was all completed at 9:45 PM. The back looks pretty good.
Thankfully I didn't run out of thread, though it was pretty close! See more Design Walls on Judy's blog.