- I went with my daughter Elaine and my future son-in-law Chris to check out a wedding venue over the weekend. It was a large old Victorian farmhouse on the coastal plain, surrounded by orchards and fields. While beautiful and secluded, the site fee was $3,000 and did not include anything but the use of the grounds plus the separate structure housing the bathrooms and dressing rooms. The house was private. Gulp. It started thundering and rain came pouring down as we left. Maybe a sign?
- My future son-in-law has informed me that HE is going to win the HGTV Dream Home. Pretty great if he did!
- I have been watching a few shows on Oprah's new channel, OWN. I like Oprah well enough, but not her best friend Gayle King. She always seems immature and annoying to me!
- Email comes to me from two groups I belong to on Yahoo--one of which is high volume and I am not reading them at all. For some time (like over a year) I have been wanting to change the delivery method but couldn't remember my login, though I knew the password. Finally I did remember and my inbox is decluttered instantly! You can bet I wrote down the login name for future reference.
- Traffic rant: Drivers entering from a parking lot or side street who look straight at you through the pouring rain and then pull out in front of you anyway, causing braking and bad words.
- The International Quilt Festival's spring show moved to Cincinnati this year and my sister, my Mom and I are going. I hope it isn't still snowing in early April because I don't own heavy winter clothing!
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Tuesday's Orts--Feb 22, 2011
This week's Orts brought to you by partly cloudy and freshly scrubbed Southern California skies.