I did get some fabric shopping in on Sunday--a local store is closing, sadly, but they have all types of fabrics and since I'm planning to make my own outfit for the wedding, I went hunting silk dupioni for a pattern I already purchased (but didn't bring with me and had to call home for yardage requirements. Duh.)
Lucky me, all the silks were 40% off! I made a near fatal error though, by grabbing the wrong roll for cutting. I wanted this green on green and there was a navy blue on green just above it that I accidentally pulled. Fortunately, since I was taking the entire remaining fabric on the roll, it was not an expensive mistake and the clerk was able to simply return the wrong one onto its roll. Whew! Both the dress and jacket will be made of this peridot green silk, at a cost of about $70.
I find it curious that the pattern measurements are in English and French...
But the instructions are in English and Spanish. Anyway, some sewing will be taking place later this summer. I have not constructed any clothing in a while, but have plenty of experience with clothing and have been putting in zippers lately too. See more Design Walls on Judy's Patchwork Times. And come back tomorrow for my 400th post and a giveaway!