- I forgot to mention something in last week's IQF related post--which was the time we had with Sandy Klop, of American Jane. I pointed out to my artist mom that the designer herself was manning the booth and they had a lovely conversation about how Sandy got started, how she comes up with her designs (she draws and paints them), and the lucky break she unexpectedly got at her first few shows where she was only offering 11 of her patterns (which were picked up by Moda) and was asked if she had a fabric line. Suddenly she was a fabric designer! It was a treat to hear her story. I bought some polka dots :)
- Last week was very stressful at work--the doc was going out of town and patients were crazy to get in before he went. My neck was killing me by Thursday and I was put over the top by a weevil infestation of my pantry at home that took a couple of hours of bending and looking into the cupboard, pulling out everything, wiping it all down, and putting it all back, organized. I did not make it to work on Friday due to neck pain and a bad headache. Thank goodness for Advil!!
- Traffic rant: We've had lots of extra traffic around our office due to the fairgrounds being nearby. The endless cruise of vehicles and people pulling into illegal parking spots is ridiculous, given that there are free shuttle buses from multiple locations around town that have free parking as well.
- People watching is so entertaining. I am always surprised, though, when I see gals dressed for the Club instead of the County Fair. Is it really necessary to show cleavage while viewing pigs, chickens, and pie eating contests?
- Summer is winding down but the kids in our neighborhood are getting in as much play as they possibly can before school starts in two weeks. There are chalk drawings everywhere.
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Mixed bag of thoughts that land here--that's what orts on Tuesdays are all about!