- Some HUGE stressors fell away last week workwise when we learned our co-worker does NOT have cancer after all--she will not need treatment besides the surgery she underwent to remove half of her thyroid gland. We all felt she still deserves the quilt I made her for the terrific roller coaster she and her family were on these past six weeks.
- Another stressor was the coming absence of our back office assistant as she starts nursing school next week. Our doctor boss--not a linear thinker--could not make a decision about what he wanted to do about this until it came down to the wire! Finally, we decided to hire within our office staff and training has begun. Good thing she already knows us all, and especially Dr. P's quirks.
- Traffic rant: I've ranted previously about drivers who look right at you and then pull out directly in front of you anyway without making any effort to speed up. Over the weekend I experienced that in a department store. A lady came out between racks onto a major walkway just as I stepped nearly to that spot, looked me in the face and turned in front of me at a one millimeter pace. Screech!!!
- Russell the dog needed his rabies shot. Grant called a couple of vet's offices in our neighborhood and found the best office visit price of $39. Of course the charges piled up and with medicines for an ear condition, steroids for itching, and an extra vaccine it ended up being over $200. So much for bargain shopping!
- The birthday girl received her Reese's cheesecake selection at the restaurant with a birthday message in chocolate syrup and some very bad singing by the waitstaff (and us!).
Her fiance Chris read the message out loud as the plate passed him as, " 'Happy Birthday--No Sauce'??" His bride-to-be gently notified him it actually read "To You".