- Best mail time of the year is almost over. I loved the day that eight Christmas cards came in.
- Last minute shopping found me at the mall on Christmas Eve morning with all of the men and a surprising number of families.
- Christmas Eve is Soup Night here. I made our favorite Hamburger Soup and there were desserts and beverages. By the time the evening was through there were 18 folks hanging out here. I loved that!
- Things I don't understand: Music speakers in public bathrooms.
- My sister, her daughter and her daughter's boyfriend did start out from Missouri on the 23rd intending to drive straight through to CA, but were stopped cold with thousands of others in Tucumcari, New Mexico, literally, when Highway 40 was shut down due to snow and ice. They eventually got a hotel and slept for a few hours. My niece woke suddenly and flung open the door, asking someone in the hallway if the 40 had been opened, to which the reply was Yes, how did you know? Said Caitlin, "I heard cheering".
- Christmas morning brought our usual family traditions of listening to Christmas music, eating cinnamon rolls, bacon and eggs for breakfast, and opening gifts one by one. There was the usual refrain from Nick that he didn't get as many presents as the girls. Once again, the most popular stocking gift was the $50 gasoline card.
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Tuesday's Orts--Dec 27, 2011
Tuesday's Orts--the bits and scraps of thoughts and events that land here.