Monday, May 28, 2012

Design Wall Monday--Memorial Day 2012

Happy Memorial Day! 

My design wall is not up yet in my newly rearranged sewing area, so it is a design table this week.  Late last night I pulled out the Cocoa Baskets project box and what was left of the Steam A Seam fusible package and got to tracing baskets.

I like the Steam A Seam because until it is ironed down, it is repositionable.  (Note the nice big scrap I saved myself by lining up the applique on the far edge!)  Although the package directions state it is not required with this fusible, I'll zig zag the edges of the appliques with invisible thread. 

Six yummy baskets ready for stitching.  Laying out all the completed-so-far 9 patch, churn dash and basket blocks will help me determine what colors/fabrics can be repeated in the setting I chose.  I do have some other backgrounds to cut from and am really liking the striped ones.  See more design walls on Judy's Patchwork Times.

8 comments:

Kate said...

I like how you are using pattern backgrounds for the baskets, really like the striped backgrounds.

julieQ said...

Love your baskets! Steam a seam is wonderful, I used a stick down alternative once, and it was awful...my needle was sticky when I was stitching the pieces down.

Darlene said...

Very cute baskets! I started a similar project a couple of years ago - hmmmmm - wonder where that is? LOL

Shay said...

Cute baskets Annie. All those fabrics look great together.

Steam a Seam is a wonderful product.

Abby and Stephanie said...

I love baskets. Adorable!!!

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh STOP IT!!! I want to do some baskets too!! They are cute!! Gotta get my ole clam shell finished! Yes, I'm still messing around with that one!

I see you decided to keep the sewing downstairs! Funny, after my advice to you on the pros and cons of upstairs vs. downstairs I'm kind of thinking about moving mine back upstairs......go figure!

Janet O. said...

I really like these cute baskets. I have used steam a seam for the one applique project I actually finished. : )

Nanette Merrill said...

I really do love baskets. They are such a nice shape.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...