Thursday, May 31, 2012

May UFO Progress

No finish for me this month by today's deadline for Judy's UFO Challenge, but a good deal of progress on Caramel Blues, which at the beginning of the month was only the center of the top.  I cut and added borders, a pieced backing, made the binding, and I'd say it's got about 1/3 of the quilting completed. 

Slowly more basting pins are being removed.

All the 9 patches have pumpkin seeds in the corner and center blocks.   Some of the rectangular pieced squares have Xs quilted through...

...and I'm liking the Xs through the alternate squares on the 9 patches, but am torn about stippling in the framing triangles.  I don't want to overpower the 9 patches.  In the meantime some stitch in the ditch around all the hourglass blocks is giving me time to ponder.  My DH really likes this quilt and is happy I said it's for us, unlike so many of the quilts I make that fly out the door the second they are completed.  I'll be really pleased to add this, when completed, to my dream goal--a stack of handmade quilts in my home!

8 comments:

Browndirtcottage said...

Amazing work you do girl! You are so brave with your machine quilting!!

I like seeing the fabrics close up!

Sarah said...

I really like the orange peels and x's in the same 9patches. Not sure what to do about the stippling - wait until everything else is done and hope for inspiration??!! LOL

Marg said...

It looks awesome. Loving your machine quilting.

Kate said...

Looks great. Progress is progress even if you don't get done. You are at least a lot closer!

Candace said...

I do love this quilt, Annie! If you stipple in the framing triangles, it will really set off your 9-patches! Your hubby says the same things about our quilts - it's time we had more of our own!

Vivian said...

I like your quilting plans, and it's looking great. Hopefully Grant isn't drooling on it too much, waiting for the time you can add it to your stay-at-home stack.
I just LOVE those colors together. It's definitely a keeper.

scraphappy said...

Congratulations, you made excellent progress on this quilt. Knowing that it is a keeper is surely enough motivation to see you through to the end.

Stephanie D said...

It's so snuggly-looking! I agree with your hubs--this one is perfect for staying home.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...