- The kids bought their dad L.A. Dodger baseball tickets for Father's Day and we are going to a game this weekend. Today Grant turned in all our saved recyclable cans and bottles and got $84 back. That should cover a couple of Dodger Dogs, soda, and maybe a beer or two, shouldn't it?
- School has been out two weeks and the neighbor boys on either side of us have made full use of every second with daily fort-building using Boogie boards, scrap wood, chairs, blankets, etc, as well as playing basketball, baseball, and evening sessions of catching June Bugs. We love our front row seat to all this childhood memory-making.
- Traffic Rant: There is no end to the bullying behavior of speeders. Today, a woman in a big pickup truck nearly ran into me as she was trying to merge two lanes over, in heavy traffic, before we even got to the end of the freeway onramp. Seriously, who needs to be in that big of a hurry before they even get ON the freeway?
- Another successful DIY repair over the weekend saw two 20 year old torchieres shine brightly again. All it took was a screwdriver, $20 in halogen replacement bulbs, and a lot of cleanup of dessicated insect bodies. I'm now able to SEE at my cutting table at night for the first time, and can also read in bed again. Yay!
- My Mom's dear friend, who never threw anything away, passed away last fall and a lot of her sewing things came to me, including a bag of notions.
This is only a small portion of the bag I brought home. I turned one unopened Talon zipper over:
"Copyright 1947". Now that's a great vintage!