Saturday, June 30, 2012

UFO Challenge 2012 update--June

Close, but no cigar, as they say.  With this month's UFO pick I started with a bunch of swapped 9 patch blocks and ended up here:

Completed top, backing, and binding.  Since I just finished another quilt yesterday that was a UFO Challenge 2012 pick leftover, my record for near finishes stands.  Overall, I am happy with these X's and O's and using up stash to eke out the pieced backing.  The pink and brown and cream make a nice Neapolitan treat.  Maybe that will be my quilt's new name.  What do you think? 

Judy's number pick for the month of July is 3.  On my list that is the Cheddar and Cinnamon quilt, which is a carryover from last year's challenge. Hmm, another food-related name.  The top is complete and the quilt needs backing, quilting, and binding.  Since I will be having more free time when my job ends in a week, I hope to devote proper attention and have a finish to show at the end of July.  See more finishes on Judy's Patchwork Times

7 comments:

Janet O. said...

Love your X and O blocks!

Kate said...

Very pretty. Neapolitan treat sounds like a great name.

Quilter Kathy said...

So close! Love the name...it's perfect!

Shay said...

I think the name choice is just perfect!

Sarah said...

Congrats on your almost finish! I have to remind myself that any progress is better than no progress. Good luck with July's project.

soscrappy said...

So pretty! I do like your name for it. Makes me hungry.

One Minnesota Quilter said...

This is very pretty - I absolutely love the blocks. The back is pretty too!

Judy

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...