- Life has been very busy since my one-and-only sister moved back to town--in a good way. I told Kathy one day when she called and wasn't sure she was going to come over that she had to; she moved away 30 years ago and now that she's in town, I want to see her EVERY day.
- On Saturday we went to Kathy's storage unit to paw through her batik fabrics--of which she had many--and were successful in finding a backing for the wedding quilt! She also brought back to my house a box of UFOs she had packaged up. It will be sew nice to work through our piles of projects together.
- Unfortunately the backing piece was not wide enough and just a smidgen short. That meant a trip to the local fabric store. I took the quilt top and got several people's compliments. One lady petted the folded top on the cutting table, which made me smile.
- The new fabric will frame the center section. That meant a bunch of MATH had to be done. And double-checked. And re-calculated. Sigh.
- Have I mentioned there is a new Quilt Quality Control Agent in the household?
DD Erica sent this photo of her cat Lucy to me, along with a text message, "Hi. I'm just helping." It appears the quilt top passed inspection!