My daughter was passed along a Moses basket by a friend and she asked me to make a new liner to replace this pink one--obviously it is not what she wants for her baby boy. There was no suitable pre-quilted double-faced fabric to be found at JoAnn's so I knew I would have to make my own. The parents like modern and simple so I selected a solid charcoal Kona for the outside, and a fun modern print for the inside.
This gray freckled aqua print will cover a foam cushion/pad seen as that orange thing in the photo. I'm thinking aqua thread would be fun, which of course I don't have on hand. Anyway, it is pinned and ready to go. The other project, the quilt top I showed last DWM, required batting to be purchased as well, and it is now a quilt sandwich. The final project is a pair of curtains for the nursery window and I was in search of drapery lining. Naturally it only comes in 54" widths and I need 60". I didn't want to have to piece the lining since the front of the curtain will already have to be pieced. I ended up purchasing two queen sized percale flat sheets to get the width and length I needed. At $15 apiece, it was a lot cheaper than buying drapery lining. I'll have a lot of ironing to do, what with 6 yards of curtain fabric and two queen sized sheets!
See more design walls on Judy's Patchwork Times.