I completed all the rows this afternoon and followed through with cutting and attaching the narrow borders (cut at 2"). I had set aside a length-of-fabric section of background fabric for this purpose before cutting all the squares for the geese.
As mentioned in my previous post, to keep the geese nice and flat, I clipped on either side of the triangle points when joining the geese and pressed in opposite directions so that the seams would nest easily when the vertical rows were sewn together. This method worked well! I then pressed the vertical seams open. The backing fabric got ironed and I'm ready to move on to basting and then quilting. Feeling great that these were mostly just a pile of geese on Friday :)
See more design walls on Judy's Patchwork Times.