I so wish I had more of this caramel Jo Morton print and the subtle print neutral. But, alas, I do not--only a few square inches of scraps are left.
Turns out I liked the second layout better. I saved the center star block for some future playtime. Since these photos I have added borders to what will be a nice sized tablerunner--these are 8" finished blocks. I turned my attention then to a couple of PCOs (partially finished objects).
Julie's 9 patch swap of a few years ago. I thought this would make another cute table mat and since this photo I've added borders to the long sides only. I have just enough of this purple print for a backing, and disassembled a strip set to get enough of the leftover shirting prints to make a binding. Sort of spring-like with the purples, maybe? Finally, this doll quilt-along top from Lori's blog from a couple of years ago progressed no further until now.
Lori even liked my suggestion for the doll quilt's name, Pink Lemonade. Those churn dash blocks are small--I think they finish at 5". Yellow and pink are very scarce in my stash and acquiring both required a couple of trips to the fabric store at the time of the quilt-along. My iPhone photography is making the yellow rather more lemony than it is in true life. Also, the pressing job after the photo improved the top's looks. Someday I'll get better at thinking of that before I start taking photos!
I'm going to back it with this pink print and then do big stitch hand quilting to finish it off. See more design walls on Judy's Patchwork Times.
And now, some baby spam.