Well, here it is, month nearly half gone and while I have pulled out the project chosen for the month (#3 is my Modern Row by Row Robin quilt), I haven't made much progress on this project that needs additional blocks made and attached to the top, backing, quilting, and binding.
Here's half of a half Log Cabin block to add to my unfinished quilt top. These blocks go fast and with only 5 to do, should work up quickly. I have looked through my stash and have no suitable backing fabric for this modern quilt. I'll hunt locally first for a print I like. It is a lap size quilt and I'll spray baste when the time comes. Pondering what solid color I'll use for the binding--possibly black. Meanwhile, I did get another top completed for guild philanthropy.
Not a great quality photo, which I stole from our guild Flickr feed. The Houndstooth blocks are 9" finished so it is a nice sized lap quilt. I'm passing it on for quilting and binding along with extra fabric. This was not on the UFO list but was great to cross off my to-do list.
While the actual colors didn't match the package, and I changed the layout of the pieces a little, it is a nice chunky item with copper dots, sides, and back. I did have an amusing time trying to get the provided twine through the holes in the assembly process. I ended up using a cuticle stick to shove it along.
I've also been distracted by a new-to-me type of organizing, the bullet journal. I was struck by the simplicity as well as the customization that only involves a notebook and ink. My mom gave me a blank journal for my birthday and I've dived in to the analog world of bullet journals. Making lists and notes and doodles has ever been my method but unstructured time my downfall. I am grateful to have that as a problem! I look forward to spending more time getting things done.